In my profession, I can actually help people feel better about themselves and how the world sees them. It’s the most wonderful satisfaction to be able to do so.
With over 30 years in private practice as a respected dermatologist, Dr. James Hu utilizes careful observation and thoughtful analysis to treat a variety of common and rare skin, hair and nail diseases. He specializes in treating psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Dr. Hu did his undergraduate education at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and received combined Masters and Bachelors Degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science before going into the biological sciences.
- Dr. Hu received his Doctorate in Medicine from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
- His internship was in Internal Medicine at Harvard’s New England Deaconess Hospital, followed by residencies in Dermatology at the Cleveland Clinic and the University of Washington.
- He completed a Dermatology and Photobiology Fellowship at Harvard’s Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH).
- He is a board certified Dermatologist and a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology.
- He is also a member of the National Psoriasis Foundation, which is a group of providers who are committed to the mission of finding a cure for psoriasis.
In addition, Dr. Hu developed the Holistic Psoriasis Program as a whole body approach to treating people with moderate to severe psoriasis. His program involves eight therapies designed as an integrative remedy.